Tuesday, September 20, 2016

many backpacks have found their new homes!

I had a meeting downtown near the place I intended to give the backpacks to last year. I had some extra time so I stopped in. They are a homeless youth center. They were in desperate need of backpacks for the kids they help. I just so happen to have them in my car! So after my meeting I stopped back in there and donated 40 backpacks. They were very thankful and I was thankful for the opportunity to help. A friends workplace goes to various countries donating school supplies. She is checking into that for me as to where they are going next. I saved ten backpacks for her. I may have a chance to pick up a few more at the end of the week. If I do I will give them away too. Its my little project I look forward to all year.

No comments:

Post a Comment